|1. Which vitamin is useful for quick healing of wounds? #Quiz|
|A) Vitamin A|
B) Vitamin C
C) Vitamin E
D) Vitamin K
Option B: Water-soluble vitamins C
- Vitamin C is also known as an ‘anti-scurvy vitamin‘.
- It has ‘antioxidant‘ properties.
- It helps a lot in boosting immunity.
- Contributes to the production of collagen and the synthesis of the substance called dentine in the teeth.
- Helps heal wounds quickly.
- Involved in absorption and storage of iron.
- Prevents viruses from entering the body.
- Lowers cholesterol. Regulates heart rhythm.
- It also plays an important role in gluing broken bones and rebuilding lost parts.
- This vitamin is available in Citrus fruits (like lemon). It is obtained from amla, guava, tomato, fruits, and greens.
- The deficiency of this vitamin causes scurvy. It is characterized by bleeding gums.
- Deficiency of this vitamin causes skin dullness, dryness, slow healing of wounds, hair loss, changes in the shape of fingernails, arthritis, joint pain, loss of bone strength, and decreased immunity.
Highlights: Vita C
- First synthetically produced vitamin- ‘Vitamin-C‘
- It’s a powerful antioxidant. Necessary for the regeneration of skin, gums, cartilage, bones, and proper functioning of blood vessels.
- Rose hips apples are high in vita-c. Ingestion increases immunity.
- Lemons are among the healthiest foods in the world. A single lemon provides us with the daily requirement of Vitamin C. It plays a prominent role in boosting immunity.
|1. Which vitamin is absent in milk? #Quiz|
|A) Vitamin D|
B) Vitamin B1
C) Vitamin C
D) Vitamin B12