IND vs ZIM 1st ODI Live Score Updates: Team India will play the three ODI series against Zimbabwe from today (i.e. 18 August 2022). Due to Asia Cup 2022, the Indian selectors rested senior cricketers Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Ravindra Jadeja, Rishabh Pant, and others from this series. With that, we have to see how the Indian team under the captaincy of KL Rahul will perform in Zimbabwe.
IND won by 10 wickets
ODI 1 of 3 (IND leads 1-0)
- Toss: IND won the toss and decided to bowl
- Stadium: Harare Sports Club.
|~ Player of the Match: Deepak Chahar (3/27) – ODI 1 of 3|
Highlights: IND vs ZIM 1st ODI
- 1st ODI between IND vs ZIM in Harare
- Team India dominates the head-to-head records
- IND vs ZIM ODI Series, KL Rahul took the lead Indian team
- India will play three ODIs against Zimbabwe
In the first ODI against Zimbabwe on Thursday in Harare, Indian captain KL Rahul won the toss and chose to field. With this match,
- Indian fast bowler Deepak Chahar re-entered the Indian ODI team after recovering from injury for many days.
- Similarly, Kuldeep Yadav returned to the ODI team after a long absence.
- After IPL 2022, this will be KL Rahul’s first international match.
- Also Read: IND vs ZIM 1st ODI – Scorecard
India Final Squad
- Shikhar Dhawan, Shubham Gill, Ishan Kishan, KL Rahul (captain), Deepak Hooda, Sanju Samson (wicket-keeper), Akshar Patel, Deepak Chahar, Kuldeep Yadav, Prasidh Krishna, Mohammad Siraj.
IND vs ZIM ODI Series 2022: Updates
The IND. team has good momentum, after a 3-0 clean sweep against West Indies in a one-day international series. On the other hand, ZIM also defeated a stronger team than Bangladesh earlier this month. Won the three ODI series 2-1.
- Indian cricketers have already been advised to play cautiously in this ODI series by senior opener Shikhar Dhawan.
- Read Also: India vs Zimbabwe ODI series schedule. Match timings are these
Highlights: 1st ODI Scorecard
|Zimbabwe 189/10 (40.3) – click here||INDIA 192/0 (30.5) – click here|
In India vs Zimbabwe 1st ODI, Zimbabwe was completely blown away. Zimbabwe, who recently registered a sensational victory over Bangladesh, could not give India even a contest in the first ODI.
- India beat Zimbabwe in the first ODI
- Batting first, Zimbabwe were all out for 189
- India chases down the target without losing a single wicket
- The second ODI is on Saturday afternoon.
India beat Zimbabwe in the first ODI
Ind vs Zim 1st ODI Highlights: India thrashed Zimbabwe. Team India completely dominated Zimbabwe in the first ODI held at Harare on Thursday and won by 10 wickets.
Zimbabwe lost the toss and batted first and were bowled all out for 189 runs in 40.3 overs. After that, the Indian team smashed the target with 192/0 in 30.5 overs with openers Shubham Gill (82 not out: 10×4 in 72 balls, 1×6) and Shikhar Dhawan (81 not out: 9×4 in 113 balls).
With that, India took a 1-0 lead in the three ODI series. The second ODI will be held in Harare on Saturday at 12:45 pm.
Notable score of the Zimbabwean team
Earlier, captain Chakabwa (35: 4×4 off 51 balls), Brad Evans (33 not out: 3×4 off 29 balls, 1×6) and Richard Garawa (34: 3×4 off 42 balls, 1×6) scored notable for the Zimbabwean team.
Zimbabwe could not recover at any stage as Indian bowlers Axar Patel (3/24), Deepak Chahar (3/27) and Prasidh Krishna (3/50) took wickets at successive intervals.
But, in the end, Zimbabwe managed to score at least 189 runs as the Evans-Garava pair made a difficult half-century partnership.
Zimbabwe (ZIM) – 189/10 (40.3)
|captain Chakabwa |
(35: 4×4 off 51 balls)
|Axar Patel |
|Richard Garawa |
(34: 3×4 off 42 balls, 1×6)
|Deepak Chahar |
|Brad Evans |
(33 not out: 3×4 off 29 balls, 1×6)
|Prasidh Krishna |
Zimbabwean bowlers could not trouble the Indian openers
The Zimbabwean bowlers could not trouble the Indian openers who chased down the target of 190 runs. While Shikhar Dhawan played aggressively at the start of the innings, Shubham Gill went into top gear after his half-century.
The Zimbabwean fielders looked like spectators on the field as both competed and hit many boundaries. The pair of Shikhar Dhawan-Shubman Gill, who made an unbeaten partnership of 192 runs for the first wicket, became India’s second opening pair who made the highest partnership of runs in the matches won by ten wickets in ODIs.
INDIA (IND) 192/0 (30.5)
|Shikhar Dhawan |
(81* not out: 9×4 in 113 balls)
|Shubham Gill |
(82* not out: 10×4 in 72 balls, 1×6)
- Shikhar Dhawan (81 not out: 9×4 in 113 balls)
- Shubham Gill (82 not out: 10×4 in 72 balls, 1×6)
IND vs ZIM (2-3) Series 2022: Updates
|ODI 2 of 3||Sat, 20 Aug|
|ODI 3 of 3||Mon, 22 Aug|
– Published by nowthis.in
Leave a Reply