SSC JE 2022 Notification: SSC JE 2022 exam is conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) to recruit eligible candidates for Junior Engineers Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Quantity Surveying, and Contract Posts for various Ministries/Departments/Organizations of Government of India.
The posts are in Group B (Non-Gazetted), Level-6 (Rs. 35400-112400/-) of the Pay Matrix of the 7th Central Pay Commission.
- SSC released the official notification for JE 2022 on 12 August 2022.
- SSC JE 2022 Apply Online [Direct Link]
|Recruitment Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Exam Name||SSC JE 2022|
|Selection process||SSC JE Paper 1 Exam – SSC JE Paper 2 Exam – SSC JE Document Verification|
|Application Process Start||12 August 2022|
|Last date for application||02 September 2022|
SSC JE 2022 Notification [Detailed]
SSC JE 2022 Online Application
The online application link is active from 12 August 2022. Interested candidates can apply before the last date 02 September 2022. Candidates must go through the notification to check all the details. You can follow the direct link given here to apply for SSC JE 2022 online.
SSC JE 2022: Vacancies
Departments: Electrical, Civil, Mechanical.
|SNo||Name of Organisation||Field (Required*)||SC||ST||OBC||EWS||General||Total|
|1.||Border Road Organisation (Males)||Electrical & Mechanical||12||06||22||08||32||80|
|2.||Border Road Organisation (Males)||Civil||103||49||171||62||295||680|
|3.||Central Water Commission||Mechanical||—||—||02||—||02||04|
|4.||Central Water Commission||Civil||08||03||14||05||20||50|
|5.||Central Public Works Department||Electrical||07||03||14||05||23||52|
|6.||Central Public Works Department||Civil||40||20||73||27||113||273|
|7.||M/o Defence (DGQA-NAVAL)||Electrical||01||—||01||—||01||03|
|8.||M/o Defence (DGQA-NAVAL)||Mechanical||—||01||02||01||01||05|
|9.||National Technical Research Organisation (NTRO)||Civil||—||—||01||—||02||03|
SSC JE 2022 Eligibility Criteria
SSC JE 2022: Age Limit
Age limit will be considered as on 01.01.2022
Different posts have different age criteria. Candidates should confirm their age and educational qualification before applying for the exam. Age relaxation is allowed beyond the maximum age limit.
- The Upper (Maximum) age limit is fixed up to 30 years.
SSC JE 2022 – Age Relaxation
- 05 years for SC and ST
- 03 years for OBCs
- 10 years for Persons with Disabilities (General)
- 13 years for Persons with Disabilities (OBC)
- 15 years for Persons with Disabilities (SC, ST) and
- 03 years for Ex-Servicemen candidates.
- 08 years for Defense Personnel candidates
SSC JE 2022 Educational Qualification
Should have passed relevant Engineering Degree or three years Diploma as on 02.09.2022.
- 2-3 years of experience is mandatory for diploma candidates.
- However, experience is considered only for posts in certain departments.
- View Notification for complete details: Notification
SSC JE: Selection Process
- Written Examination (Paper-1),
- Conventional Examination (Paper-2),
- Document Verification.
SSC JE: Exam Pattern
Junior Engineer Examination Exams will be conducted in two phases. Paper-1 Exams will be conducted online.
Examinations will be conducted for a total of 500 marks. The Exam consists of two papers (Tier-1 Exam, and Tier-2 Exam). ‘Paper-1’ carries 200 marks and ‘Paper-2’ carries 300 marks.
- Paper 1 is multiple choice questions
- One mark per question.
- 0.25 marks will be deducted for each question attempted incorrectly by the candidate in both papers – (negative marking)
- Paper-I Exam duration: 2 hours.
Note: Paper-2 exam is not an objective mode but requires written answers to each question. There is no negative marking for Paper-2 Examination.
SSC JE 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus of SSC JE 2022 exam is as follows.,
SSC JE Tier-I Exam Syllabus
• General Intelligence and Reasoning (50 questions)
• General Awareness (50 questions)
• General Engineering (Civil/Electrical/Mechanical) (100 questions)
SSC JE Tier-II Exam Syllabus
- Paper-2 exam will be conducted for those who qualify in Paper-1.
- Paper-2 is a written exam that will be conducted for a total of 300 marks.
- Questions will be asked from the Diploma/Engineering Syllabus in the concerned branch.
- Candidates have to write the exam in either Civil & Structural or Electrical or Mechanical disciplines.
- Paper-II Exam duration: 2 hours.
SSC JE Notification 2022: Important Dates
All important dates for SSC JE Notification 2022 are listed below:
|Date of issue of notification||12 August 2022|
|SSC JE 2022 Application Begins||12 August 2022|
|Last date to apply SSC JE 2022 online||02 September 2022|
|SSC JE Paper-1 Exam (CBT)||November 2022|
|Paper-2 Exam (Conventional)||TBA|
- SSC JE Tier-I Admit Card 2021, SSC JETier-1 Exam, SSC JE Tier-I Result & Cut-off – (dates to be updated soon)
- SSC JE Tier-II Admit Card, Tier-II Examination – (dates to be updated soon)
SSC JE 2022 Notification: Application Fee
Candidates Rs. 100/- as their application fee for SSC JE 2022 examination. Female candidates, e.g. Servicemen and candidates belonging to reserved categories are exempted from paying the application fee for SSC JE 2022 examination. The fee can be paid both online (net banking/debit card/credit card) and offline (e-challan).
- Handicapped, Ex-servicemen: ₹ 0/-
- Gen/ OBC/ EWS: ₹ 100/-
- SC/ST: ₹ 0/-
- Payment Mode: Online (UPI/net banking/debit card) and Offline (e-challan).
Steps to Apply for SSC JE 2022 Notification Exam
- To fill out the SSC CGL application form, register on the official website ssc.nic.in through a valid email ID.
- Login using the registration ID and password set
- Upload scanned photo copy, signature & other relevant documents.
- Pay SSC CGL 2022 Application Fee.
- Click on submit button for submission of the application form.
- print filled in application.
SSC JE 2022 Notification: Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1 When SSC JE 2022 notification will be released?
Ans: SSC JE 2022 notification was released on 12 August 2022 on SSC’s official website @ssc.nic.in.
Q. 2 Will SSC JE 2022 Paper 1 Exam be conducted in Online Mode or Offline?
Ans: SSC JE Paper-1 exam will be conducted through online mode (computer-based test) only.
Q. 3 Any Negative Marking SSC JE Tier 1 Exam 2022?
Ans: Yes, there is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I
- 0.25 marks will be deducted.
- 282 TGT, PGT Posts in AP Model Schools – details here!
- Indian Coast Gaurd Recruitment 2022: 71 Asst. Commandant posts [Details Here]
- Indo-Tibetan Border Security SI Recruitment 2022: Notification for Staff Nurse Posts (Key Details)