Digest: Simply put, the law requires businesses to post a clear link on their websites that reads “Don’t Sell My Personal Information” so that consumers can opt-out of the sale of their data to third parties.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
GDPR is mandatory since May 25, 2018
applies to websites, apps & businesses from the EU, or to businesses with users from the EU.
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user has the right to:
The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- Erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- Restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- Object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
NowThis does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
CCPA Privacy Rights (Do Not Sell My Personal Information)
Mandatory by law since 1 January 2020
CCPA applies to websites, apps & businesses in the US or with customers from California, USA. Under the CCPA, among other rights, California consumers have the right to:
- Request personal disclosure that has been collected.
- Request deletion of any personal data that has been collected.
- Do not sell the consumer’s personal data.
You may also submit a request via the Contact page.